Am I normal?
- We can become prisoners in our own minds. Where are these thoughts coming from? Why do I have these thoughts? Or there are comparisons. Why am I not like these people? Why is my body not like these people? Why am I not as smart as them? The mind can become a terrible place of accusation.
- As you get older the accusations are still there, but they are a little different. Where did I go wrong with my children? If I had only done things different. Why am I still alive, but my friend, family member isn’t? Why is my body not responding like it should?
- Jesus was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
- A just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again.
- Post pardem depression – in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children
- Genesis 26:35 …grief of mind…
- There is never the expectation that normal people don’t experience certain thoughts.
- What does normal feel like? Is this normal?
- No temptation has taken you but such as is common to man.
Keep the palace
- Put the king on the throne
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 Casting down imaginations means the thoughts seem to come from nowhere. Also having a readiness to do right when the imagination is judged wrong.
- Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- Decorate your mind with godliness.
- Turn the mind from a prison of despair into a palace for God. Put godly thoughts in there.
- Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
- Occupy your time with obedience to God. Make service to God your business.