Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | | More
Text: Colossians 3:5
2 Peter 2:6 – The example of Sodom and Gomorrah to all nations that will come after them. (Jude 7)
Leviticus 18 – Particularly verses 24-28. As a nation is given over to fornication the lives of children become less and less valuable. Fornication often produces unwanted children. So something has to be done with unwanted children in order for fornicators to continue fornicating. So Abortion.
1 Kings 11:1-11 – Fornication will affect what you believe. Solomon warned about women turning him from God to idols and that happened. You enjoy the emotion, the sensation, so much that you protect that feeling. And you’ll give up on God in order to feel a certain way. You’ll give up on God so that you won’t be constrained by his bondage or should I say, “abundant life.”
1 Corinthians 6:13-18 – So your body was not made to fornicate. That’s not what it’s made to do. And because it’s being used for something it wasn’t made for, it’s going to suffer consequences. Even if I’m saved? Yea, even if your soul has been made righteous there are consequences to fornication. The body is damaged, corrupted, and entangled. And as it destroys your body, it destroys your heart, mind, and makes you hate the things of God.
1 Corinthians 10:8 – Fornicators were judged in the nation of Israel. Balaam’s advice to Balak brings the death of 24,000 (Numbers 25:6-9). Twenty three thousand died in one day, but 24,000 total died. It was a prince, very public man in the camp, that did this publicly. Phinehas and his heritage are given the priesthood forever because of what he did to offset the plague (Numbers 25:10-13 & Psalm 106).
Ephesians 5:2-3 – Notice what everyone calls “love” these days. But they “love” each other. Now, here’s what God says, walk in love and don’t fornicate! Two consenting adults? Two consenting adults are irrelevant if God doesn’t consent. Just because people agree on something doesn’t mean the thing is right or good.
1 Thessalonians 4:1-5 – People that don’t know God think it is OK to take off their clothes and fool around with each other. This culture is so engrossed in fornication, all you have to do to be set apart is to abstain from sexual activity until marriage. Every influence you’re under in this world tells you this verse is out of date.
Hebrews 13:4 – God has nothing good to say about people who would violate the foundational relationship of society. God didn’t make Adam a girlfriend, or a room-mate, or make Eve a boyfriend or a friend with benefits. He made Adam and Eve husband and wife. And because you think you and her and you and him are going to get married one day, that doesn’t mean it’s OK to fornicate. That’s what most fornicators think anyway. Oh, we’ll be together and be married one day so that gives us license to do things only married people are supposed to do.
Victory over fornication
- Natural desires of man and woman. Natural for man to desire a woman. Natural for woman to desire a man. And God says control the desire so it doesn’t go outside my commandments.
- Abstain from fornication. 1 Thessalonians 4:3
- Abstainers never worry about STDs. Abstainers never worry about getting pregnant or bastard children.
- Flee fornication like Joseph
- 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- Know how to possess your vessel in sanctification and honor 1 Thessalonians 4:4
- That means things that go into your eyes or ears that get that fire burning.
- That means the ability to privately converse through Instagram, Snapchat, video games, or texts and allow people into your bedroom that your husband or wife or Mom or Dad would never allow into your bedroom.
- Physical relationships start with conversation. People will undress each other with their mouths before they physically take their clothes off.