Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | | More
Rejected by God
- Romans 1:28-32
- Not only do these things, but take pleasure in them that do them.
- Entertained by them. Celebrate them: “celebrities” are those who portray this list on screens enjoyed by other reprobates rejected by God.
Righteousness of man
- Romans 2:1-5
- Personal hypocrisy before God
- You criticize people for being liars, and you lie.
- You criticize people for adultery, yet you watch it on TV and are entertained by it.
- You would gasp if anyone you knew was involved in a murder, but you’ve been entertained by hundreds of murders on your video games or your TV shows in the past week.
- Storing up wrath for judgment day
- Judgment is not meted out piece by piece.
- Consequences are not the same thing as judgment. Judgment is a day.
- Revelation 20:11-13 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
- Romans 2:5 after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.
- It is appointed unto man once to die and after this the judgment. No more chances. No purgatory. No reincarnation. No opportunities after death.
Righteousness of God
- Romans 3:20 By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
- You can’t do good to be accepted by God.
- The charges against you are called sin. Not only did the law point out your sin, it also awakened sin in you. The law showed you that your very nature was to be against God.
- Romans 3:21-26
Requirement of belief
- Romans 4
- Romans 4:16-21
- You have to come to realize you are dead in sin and incapable of pleasing God.
- If you’ve never come to a point in your life where you were cornered and trapped by your sin, you’ve never had a reason to trust Jesus Christ and you are stuck in your sin.
- But, if you have come to the end of yourself and understand what Jesus Christ has done for you, then you are a partaker of the Lord Jesus Christ.