One of the infallible proofs that the Bible is God’s word is prophecy. No other book even comes close to handling future events like the Bible.
- Deuteronomy 18:21-22
- Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
- Luke 24:44
- 2 Peter 1:19-21 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
- 2 Corinthians 3:14-18 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
- Prophecy revolves around the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost in the Old Testament was not predicting things like what China will be like in the 21st century.
- Jeremiah 31:15
- Isaiah 53
- Daniel 9:25
- Zechariah 11:12, 12:10
- Isaac and Joseph in Genesis
- Moses in Exodus
- Passover lamb in Exodus
- Boaz in Ruth
- Mordecai in Esther
- Standard of righteousness that no other book sets forth.
- Romans 3:9, 19 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;… Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
- Galatians 3:22-25 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe…
- Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.