Text: Colossians 1:16
Are we accomplishing our purpose as a local assembly? Are you accomplishing your purpose as a person? Are you successful? Is this church successful? How would you know if you were successful? There would have to be a measurement.
Jesus Christ is the purpose of all things
- For him means Jesus Christ is the purpose of all things.
- Answers the question of why am I here.
- Revelation 4:11
- After a life threatening event someone may come through that and say I know I’m alive because God has a plan for my life. The wonderful news is that’s exactly right, the Lord absolutely has a plan for your life. The other news is He had a plan for your life before you went to the hospital. And the plan He has for your life is the same plan He has for everyone’s life. It’s found in Revelation 4:11. His plan didn’t begin when you were in the accident, it began even before He created all things.
- Philippians 2:13 – notice his GOOD pleasure. To will and to do means he works in his people so they not only do his will, but they want to do his will
Jesus Christ is the heir of all things
- For him also means Jesus Christ is the heir of all things
- Hebrews 1:2
- John 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
- Romans 8:17
I’m happy fulfilling my purpose
- Jesus Christ is the purpose and end of all things. You and I were created for His pleasure. Things that don’t function according to their purpose break down.
- Fulfilling His pleasure and your purpose means happiness – John 13:17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.