Prospect of no resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:14,17,19
- If we woke up this day 2000 years ago and Jesus’ body was still in the tomb, today I wouldn’t waste another minute serving God. If you could put yourself in the disciples place 2000 years ago.
Prophecies of the resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:2-4
- Genesis 22 Abraham believes in God’s ability to raise the dead.
- Job looks for a resurrection, though worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.
- Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- Acts 2:25-32 (Psalm 16)
Preaching the resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:5-11
- Acts 4:1-2
- Peter, James, John preaching – Acts 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
- Paul preaching – Acts 17:18, 32 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection. … 32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
- Paul preaching – Acts 24:21 Except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.
Power of the resurrection
- The thing that has the whole world in suspense right now is death, the fear of death. And if it wasn’t a pandemic it will eventually be something else that will bring you face to face with death. Death is what you’re afraid of. Death is the shadow you’ll live under whether you like it or not. And death is the enemy you’ll never be able to beat though you’ll try.
- But the glorious day came when death was defeated.
- 1 Corinthians 15:22-26. All souls will be brought up out of the place called death to meet their maker and Death itself will be cast into God’s eternal lake of fire.
Proof of faith in the resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:31 I die daily
- 1 Corinthians 15:32 Paul’s higher motivation than just his own pleasure.
Pictures of resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 15:36-38
- Seeds and plants
Physical structure of resurrection bodies
- 1 Corinthians 15:42-48
Promise of resurrection to those who have faith in Jesus Christ
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-55
- Therefore throw off the pleasures of the world, serve God, be faithful, and set your affections on things above, looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of our God and Savior Jesus Christ – 1 Corinthians 15:58