Sarah’s death (vss 1-2)
- Sarah is possibly the only woman in the Bible whose age is given at her death.
- It looks like Sarah’s death is surprising and unexpected.
Stranger in the world (vss 3-16)
- Notice what it means to be a stranger.
- No home.
- No place in death.
- Testimony is important. Abraham has a good testimony among these folks.
Significance of the sepulchre (vss 17-20)
- Her burial place becomes the place where Abraham is buried, Isaac and Rebekah are buried, and Jacob and Leah are buried.
- It becomes the place where David rules for seven years of his kingdom before moving to Jerusalem (2 Samuel 2:11).
- It’s one of the few places in the promised land that is not fought for, it is paid for with money.