Text: Matthew 7:21-23
It is against the law to impersonate a police officer. Charges vary from state to state for the crime, but it is against the law to use the authority of the state when you haven’t been given authority by the state.
- Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord…
- This will end the Lord’s teaching about false prophets. These people have been using the name of the Lord without the Lord’s permission. They are impersonating a minister of Jesus Christ.
Entrance into Jesus Christ’s kingdom
- If ever a set of verses proved that doing godly things didn’t qualify someone to enter Christ’s kingdom, it’s these verses. Earlier in this sermon, verses 7:13-14, the Lord Jesus Christ describes entrance into life as the strait and narrow gate. If you thought doing good things was the strait and narrow that leads to life, then you’ll now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that’s not true.
- Enter by doing the will of God. What is the will of God? John 6:29, 40
- Enter by righteousness in Matthew 5:20. We covered that sufficiently in the lesson on the Strait and Narrow.
- Enter by being converted to little children in Matthew 18:3
- Someone says, Well, that means you’ve got to be humble and harmless as a little child. Ok, so how humble do you have to be? How harmless do you have to be?
- How about ye must be born again? Born of God means you have God as your Father now.
- Paul says, Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
- Entrance is impossible with man in Matthew 19:23-27. Everything I need to gain entrance is beyond my reach.
- Entrance into Christ’s kingdom, which covers both kingdom of God and kingdom of heaven, will be through Jesus Christ period.
When the door is shut to Jesus Christ’s kingdom
- This is the day the Lord Jesus Christ returns to this earth to rule and reign for 1000 years.
- Many will say shows you how prevalent the deception has gone. And the signs and wonders show you how convincing the deception is.
- Prophesied in thy name
- Cast out devils in thy name. Judas Iscariot did this.
- Done wonderful things in thy name (signs and wonders)
- These people have used the name of Jesus without ever trusting or believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Without ever becoming children of God, without ever receiving righteousness from God.
- What is scary with these folks is that they do more with the name of Jesus Christ than most people who claim to be Christians.
The answer comes from the King
- Never knew you means these people haven’t been saved and lost their salvation. They were never known by God.
- They were never converted to sons of God – God’s children.
- They were never in Christ and therefore accepted in the beloved.
- They were never in Christ and therefore justified by his blood.
- The Shepherd knows his sheep – John 10:3-4, 14-18, 24-29. When the shepherd calls, his sheep respond.
- 1 Corinthians 8:3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
- Galatians 4:9
- Does the Lord know you or are you impersonating a Christian? This is why Paul will say, examine yourselves to see whether ye be in the faith.