Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | | More
Created without sin
- Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Contamination of sin
- There is something in you that says death is not right. Yet it is the most universal tragedy.
- Romans 5:12, 18-19 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: … 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Committing your sin
- James 4:17 Therefore, to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. (Withholding what is good is sin.)
- Romans 14:23 Whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (The everyday example of a meal – eat or drink do all to the glory of God)
- Proverbs 24:9 The thought of foolishness is sin. (God said the thoughts and imaginations of his heart are evil continually)
- Proverbs 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin. (Not a heinous crime. He just never regards his Creator in his work)
- 1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin. (In Adam, all die)
Consequences of sin
- Romans 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
- 1 Timothy 5:24 Some men’s sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.
- Hebrews 9:27
Jesus Christ takes away sin
- John 1:29 …Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
- Acts 13:37-38 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
- But just because Jesus Christ died for your sins doesn’t mean your sins are forgiven.
Clearing your sins before God
- call on the Lord, contrite spirit, confession of the Lord Jesus Christ.